Your brain will work tirelessly to achieve the statements you give your subconscious mind. And when those statements are the affirmations and images of your goals, you are destined to achieve them! - Jack Canfield
Success and achievement is 80% psychology and 20% execution. Your subconscious brain is the secret behind the psychology of success, and engaging in activities that create productive habits are the secret behind execution. Creating a vision board is a great tool that can be used to drive execution and feed your subconscious brain. By representing your goals with pictures and images you will strengthen and stimulate your emotions because your mind responds strongly to visual stimulation. Here are a few thoughts on how to utilize a vision board to help you achieve your goals and dreams:
- Get it out of your head: the first and most important step is to get your thoughts out of your head and on paper. Once you have completed a full brain dump on paper you can start to organize your thoughts into laser focused goals.
- Dream like a kid: Kids have the grandest dreams. But as most people get older they start to lose sight of their dreams. Don’t mistake “Growing Up” with “Giving Up.” Dream big!
- There are no rules: Every vision board is unique. Some people have one board and some have many separating different goals for work, family, personal etc. Since your vision board is supposed to tap into your emotions, let that be your guide. Go in a direction that excites you.
- Images, words and quotes: Use an exciting combination of images, words and quotes or statements.
- View often: Put your vision board in a place where you will see it often. The more often the better. The more you go through the visual stimulation of looking at your board the more it will be etched into your subconscious brain.
An idea is like a seed in your brain. One way to make that seed grow into a mighty oak is to feed it a healthy dose of visualization and emotions with a vision board. When you make your vision board, remember to dream big and dream on!