I recently read some material by David Wolf who is most commonly known as the expert on the benefits of eating raw, organic super foods.
Raw foods contain enzymes that act as catalysts for detoxification and the absorption of nutrients. Without the proper enzymes to break down food, we begin to accumulate undigested materials in our system. This leads to weight gain, inflammation, stagnation, digestive stress and fatigue.
Organic foods contain twice the nutritional mineral content of regular supermarket foods and have far less traces of pesticides and heavy metal residue such as aluminum, lead and mercury. Eating organic green leafy vegetables are the best source of alkaline minerals, contains the best fiber, have many calming, anti stress properties and are the best source of chlorophyll.
Super foods are a class of the most potent, super concentrated, and nutrient rich foods on the planet. They have the ability to tremendously increase the vital force and energy of one's body and are the optimum choice for improving overall health, boosting immune system, elevating serotonin production, enhancing sexuality, cleansing, lowering inflammation and alkalizing the body. Here is David's list of the top ten super foods:
1) Cacao (raw chocolate): highest antioxidant food on the planet, improves cardiovascular health, builds strong bones is a natural aphrodisiac and elevates your mood and energy.
2) Goji Berries: contains 18 amino acids, 21 trace minerals, B & E vitamins and many other nutrients.
3) Maca: increase energy, endurance, strength, libido, contains 10% protein and nearly 20 amino acids.
4) Hemp products (eaten in raw form): 33% pure digestible protein and are rich in iron, amino acids, vitamin E as well as Omega 3's and GLA.
5) Spirulina and Blue Green Algae: the worlds highest source of protein (65%), trace elements, phytonutrients and enzymes.
6) Bee Products (honey, pollen and propolis): contains nearly all B vitamins and all 21 essential amino acids making it a complete protein.
7) Camu Berry: highest vitamin C source in the planet. It is one of the best anti depressants, immune building and eye nourishing superfoods in the world.
8) Sea Vegetables (kelp, dulse, nori etc): they help remove heavy metals, detoxify the body, regulate immunity and decrease the risk of cancer.
9) Medicinal Mushrooms (Reishi, Chaga etc): high in polysaccharides and super immune enhancing components with a proven effect on healing cancer and a variety of other ailments.
10) Additional Superfoods and Supplements: MSM, Digestive and Metabolic Enzymes, Mangosteen Powder, Marine Phytoplankton, Activated Liquid Zeolite, Ormus, Megahydrate, Crystal Energy and Krill oil.
With the continued rise in obesity, heart disease and cancer, we must consider diet and nutrition as a way to prevent chronic illness. The medical industry wants to find a cure for these illnesses, but I believe there needs to be an equal focus on preventing these illnesses. If you want to look at diet and nutrition as a way to prevent illness, raw organic superfoods are a great place to start.