What makes the difference in the quality of people's lives? Why do some people seem to kick butt everywhere they go and some don't? Why do some people seem to pursue their dreams in life and some seem to be stuck in whatever situation that they are currently in? Here are a few thoughts from Tony Robbins on how to create a life changing breakthrough. Regardless of where you are on your life's journey, this should challenge you to reconsider what is possible:
1) Forget about life/work balance, and think life/work integration. If you are passionate about what you do, it's not work. Learn to enjoy the journey and the process. It's not a matter of doing one thing in order to then do something else.
2) Learn to embrace and master the impossible. Impossible is an opinion, not a fact. Things are always impossible until somebody does it, and it may as well be you.
3) Change your story. If the story that you tell yourself is holding you back, change your story. Divorce the story holding you back and marry a new story that unleashes your potential. "I didn't come from money" or "I'm not naturally talented" or "I don't have the time or resources" or "I'm happy with the way I am" are all stories that are holding you back. Change your story!
4) Change your state. Fear and anger are the two most destructive states of mind. If you are currently trapped in a state of anger or fear, change your state. Begin with a state of gratitude. When you are thankful, there is no room for anger. View mistakes as learning experiences. This will allow you to create a state of boldness. Boldness always drowns out fear.
5) Change your strategy. Once you are in the right state of mind, anything becomes possible. Once you believe that anything is possible, your mind is open to creating the right strategy. When your mind is consumed by the wrong story or fear, the door of opportunity closes.
6) The single most important key to success is hunger. Get crazy hungry for something!
Success is 80% psychology and 20% execution. Anyone can be successful with the right mindset, a growth mindset. If you aren't satisfied with where you are, stop blaming someone or something else. Lacking the resources is never the problem, lacking resourcefulness is the problem. If you are creative and determined and passionate you can get the resources. If you are bold and strong and brave enough you can do things that no one else can do. Remember that impossible is an opinion, not a fact. Things are only impossible until somebody does it, and that somebody may as well be you!